Jardine Motors Group takes its obligations with regard to data protection seriously. As such, we are providing this notice (“Privacy Notice”) to you so that you are provided with information about how Jardine Motors Group collects and processes your personal data. Please read this Privacy Notice, as it contains important information that you need to know.
Jardine Motors Group includes Jardine plc (a company registered in England and Wales with company number 1538570) along with its subsidiaries Jardine Motor Company Limited, Jardine Cars Limited, Jardine Luxury Vehicles Limited, Jardine Specialist Cars Limited and Jardine Sports Cars Limited (the “Operating Companies”) all of whom share a registered office at 770 The Crescent, Colchester, Essex, CO4 9YQ. Each of the subsidiaries, with assistance from their parent, operate one or more franchises to market and sell certain branded vehicles with related accessories, parts and services. Jardine Motors Group is managed as a single entity with processes and management operating seamlessly across the group. Please see our website at www.jardinemotors. co.uk for an up to date list of companies that fall within Jardine Motors Group.
1. What do we collect and process?
In order for Jardine Motors Group to provide its products (including vehicles and parts) as well as its services to you, it is necessary for us to collect, maintain and process personal data about prospective and/or existing customers. “Personal Data” is information which relates to you and (either on its own or in combination with other information Jardine Motors Group holds) allows Jardine Motors Group to identify an individual prospective and/or existing customer and thus enable us to provide our products and services, or details of them, to you.
The Personal Data which we process may include the following:
- your full name and contact information (address, city, post code, email address and telephone number);
- your work address and contact details;
- details of your enquiry or interest or preference(s) about our products or services, such as possible planned purchase or lease date, vehicle(s) brand, make and/or model, or vehicle requirements;
- records of calls, emails, correspondence with you and of visits to us in relation to such enquiries, negotiations, resultants sales and/or
- the registration number, brand, make, model of your vehicle, and GPS data;
- your image, actions and location if you are recorded on CCTV which we operate on and around our sites;
- in the event that you purchase a vehicle and/or services, information including registration number, brand, make, model, model year,
selling dealership, servicing dealership, date of purchase, lease or service history;
- in the event that you purchase vehicle parts, what they are, for which brand, make and model;
- time and date of any purchases or sales by you, including any prices and payment (including bank account and/or credit card) details, data
collected on finance applications;
- with your consent, credit check details and proof of identity/valid driving licence information, such as passport/driving licence and utility bill details;
- demographic information (including your age range, employment status, marital status and household composition);
- details about any marketing consents and marketing preferences; and
- customer feedback and survey results.
Personal Data will primarily be collected from you directly. However, some Personal Data may, where lawful to do so, be collected by Jardine Motors Group from third parties (e.g. credit rating agencies from whom you have agreed we may obtain your personal information) or
publically available information about you.
Please note that you are under no obligation to provide Jardine Motors Group with your Personal Data, but not providing such data when requested could prevent Jardine Motors Group from being able to help you, from providing information or products and/or services to you
as requested and from fulfilling your order.
2. Why and for what purposes do we need your Personal Data?
Jardine Motors Group processes your Personal Data about you for a
number of purposes, including:
- to respond and/or deal with your requests or enquiries;
- to make an appointment with you to visit one of our dealerships, or to arrange a test drive;
- for internal record keeping (including customer enquiry, deal files, accounting and complaint files);
- for vehicle number plate recognition that alerts us when you arrive at some of our dealerships and allows us to improve on site security and
- to provide our products and services to you as requested or agreed;
- to help us review, develop and improve the products and services we offer, for example through surveys, research, analysis and planning;
- to provide you with details of our products and/or services from time to time, such as relevant offers, including by direct marketing by post or as otherwise agreed with you, such as by telephone, email, or otherwise;
- to communicate with you accordingly, including to provide you with customer and vehicle support, such as notifying you about changes
to our products and services, any issues with them, product recall, and to otherwise communicate with you for example to respond to
queries from you;
- to process and retain personal data relating to your credit/debit card (or bank account details) and order details to enable the fulfilment of your order, financial applications and to deal with any payments, sales proceeds, or refunds of payment;
- to remind you about important dates, such as service due dates and warranty expiry dates;
- to contact you from time to time to ensure your details on record are correct and up to date and to ensure we have your up to date preferences for marketing and contact;
- to depersonalize, pseudonymize or fully anonymize and/or aggregate your data to reduce privacy intrusion but facilitate our use of the
data for analysis and research, to better understand our business and customer base and their needs and to improve our products and
services and business;
- where necessary as part of any restructuring of Jardine Motors Group or sale of any Jardine Motors Group company, business or assets; and to carry out security checks to protect against fraudulent transactions at or following any purchase or order you make to prevent and detect criminal activities. For example, we may undertake verification checks to identify any discrepancies with your payment details for fraud prevention and staff training purposes.
This list is not exhaustive and may be updated from time to time.
Subject to applicable laws, Jardine Motors Group may also process Personal Data for other legitimate business purposes including management analysis, audits, financial forecasts, business planning and transactions, ensuring its compliance with applicable laws, regulatory requirements and Jardine Motors Group policies, and dealing with complaints, legal claims, record retention obligations and other related administrative activities. Jardine Motors Group may also use Personal Data to establish or exercise its legal rights and to comply with law enforcement or other government agency requests or court orders.
We do not ‘trade’ in your personal data and will not sell or rent your details.
3. Who will your Personal Data be shared with?
Personal Data will be shared and transferred between members of the Jardine Motors Group for any of the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice (or for such other purposes as are notified to you by Jardine Motors Group from time to time). Given the structure of Jardine Motors
Group, your Personal Data may be transferred to Jardine plc as the parent company of each of the Operating Companies. There is always a good reason for our sharing, such as where you contact one of our companies or dealerships but are interested in a different vehicle, when
we may pass on your details to the relevant company and closest dealership to help you.
Jardine Motors Group aims to ensure high quality and secure Personal Data use. To facilitate this, Jardine Motors Group has in place an Intra Group Agreement to identify and deal with data protection and other relevant legal requirements involved in the sharing, transfer and
other processing of customer Personal Data between the Jardine Motors Group companies. For further details of Jardine Motors Group, please visit our website www.jardinemotors.co.uk.
In the event that we negotiate to and/or sell any of our Jardine Motors Group companies, businesses (in whole or part) or assets, we may share your details with the proposed/actual buyer and their relevant accountants (including funders, accountants, auditors and lawyers).
Your personal information may be transferred to, and stored, and otherwise processed in, one or more countries outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) where manufacturers and/or service providers are based there and/or provide services from there. Jardine Motors Group is committed to ensuring that adequate safeguards are in place when transferring Personal Data outside the EEA, both between Jardine Motors Group companies and externally. As such, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is adequately protected in accordance with the requirements of the UK data protection law. Unless the recipient is receiving details in the US subject to an appropriate, current and valid Privacy Shield certification, or otherwise the recipient is subject to appropriate Binding Corporate Rules in respect of the details, your personal data will only be transferred outside the EEA by us on the basis of European Model Clause data transfer terms (as approved by the EU Commission).
Jardine Motors Group is authorised by a number of manufacturers to market, sell and supply specific branded vehicles, accessories,
parts and related services, subject to requirements imposed by the manufacturers. If you express an interest in a specific brand, especially
in a particular make and model, or if the interest is in a specific branded vehicle, make and model (such as wishing to place a factory order for a new car), Jardine Motors Group may share your details with the relevant manufacturer to check vehicle availability, place an order, confirm delivery and timing, ensure warranty registration and/or service cover, deal with warranty claims and service issues, or deal with recall or
comparable warnings and requirements.
Your personal information may also be made available to third parties (within or outside Jardine Motors Group) providing relevant services under contract to the Jardine Motors Group, such as marketing agencies, auditors and compliance managers, insurers and IT hosting and IT maintenance providers. These companies may use information about you to perform their functions on our behalf in accordance with the services we have requested and contract terms imposed. We may also disclose specific information upon lawful request by government authorities, law enforcement and regulatory authorities where required or permitted by law and for tax or other purposes.
4. What choices does Jardine Motors Group offer you with regard to direct marketing?
Jardine Motors Group may wish to provide you with information about products, services, promotions and offers, which may be of interest to you and may invite you to take part in market research or request feedback on our products and services. This communication may occur by e-mail, telephone, post or SMS.
We will obtain your consent to such marketing and details about your marketing preferences and advise you of how to opt-out of receiving such communications where we are required to do so in accordance with applicable law.
You may opt-out of direct marketing activities from Jardine Motors Group by contacting us as follows:
4.1.1 using the unsubscribe or opt out links in marketing communications which we send to you;
4.1.2 e mailing our central data services department at firstname.lastname@example.org; or
4.1.3 writing us at Customer Services, c/o Lexus Newcastle, 22 Benton Road, Newcastle, Tyne & Wear NE7 7EG.
This will allow you to opt out of marketing, telephone and email communications and/or to change previously submitted preferences. You can also call 0800 012 5050 to opt out of direct mail communications, as well as telephone and email communications, and/or to change previously submitted opt-out preferences.
5. What rights do you have to review and amend personal information?
You have the right to review your personal information held by Jardine Motors Group and have certain inaccurate information about you corrected. Under UK law, a request for access to your personal data needs to be in writing and accompanied by the statutory fee (£10). If you wish to do so, or to contact Jardine Motors Group in respect of its data processing activities, please contact Customer Services, c/o Lexus Newcastle, 22 Benton Road, Newcastle, Tyne & Wear NE7 7EG.
6. Keeping you informed
Jardine Motors Group may keep your details on record for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice and will endeavour to delete your details in accordance with data protection and other applicable legislation.
7. Changes to this Policy
Jardine Motors Group may change this Privacy Notice from time to time in order to reflect changes in the law and/or its privacy practices.
If required to do so by law, Jardine Motors Group will provide with you a new and/or updated Privacy Notice detailing how the use of your Personal Data is changing. If necessary, we will obtain your consent
for the further Processing.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us at Customer Services, c/o Lexus Newcastle, 22 Benton Road, Newcastle, Tyne & Wear NE7 7EG